Maitripa College is committed to keeping our programs accessible to every student who wishes to study here. To that end tuition is a fraction of the cost of comparable graduate programs in the United States. Additionally, we make every effort to consider the financial concerns of each student, and to support their progress through a commitment to flexible payment options and scholarship opportunities.
Ordained sangha are invited to apply to attend Maitripa College at no cost. Please email Namdrol at [email protected] for details.
Tuition is due based on a 16-week semester for Fall and Spring terms and an intensive Summer 6-week term. Tuition will be charged by the credit hour for instruction during an academic semester. Students will be invoiced at the time of registration. Tuition and fee payments are due on the first day of the semester. No student is obligated to pay for tuition charges for a term that has not commenced if the student withdrew, or for a term that was truncated by cessation of school services. The tuition and fees for the upcoming academic year reflect a standard, cost of living increase in tuition and the new fee schedule based on increased expenses per student for the upcoming year. Please see descriptions on each of the fee charges below.
Maitripa College will maintain fees that are fair and uniformly applied to all students. Maitripa College will not change the fee policy during an academic year and will announce possible changes previous to the registration period before the start of a new academic year. All fees are non-refundable.
- A technology fee is required for each student upon registration. This fee goes towards the cost of the student database.
- A registration fee is required when a student registers each term. This amount is not applicable to the student’s tuition costs and the fee applies to all students. Re-registering to add courses does not require an additional fee. This fee goes towards costs associated with the Registration process.
- A library fee is required of all students. This fee goes toward costs associated with technology, circulation, research resources, subscriptions, acquisitions, and printing.
- A student services fee is required of degree program students. This fee goes toward costs associated with the student handbook, orientation, identification cards, student life gatherings, graduation, and other incidentals.
- A building fee is required of degree program students. This fee goes toward costs associated with building maintenance, kitchen supplies, and other incidentals.
Tuition & Fee Payment Schedule Options
Tuition and fees are billed at the time of registration and due on the first day of class. Student may also opt-in to a payment plan, however the payment plan must be in place and the first payment submitted on the first day of class or a late fee (service charge), as detailed on this page, will be added to the student’s account.
In the case of financial need, students may request a payment plan in order to cover tuition in installments. Payment plan options are available for all Maitripa students (both continuing education and degree students) to assist in tuition costs. Payment plans are offered at the discretion of the administrative office and must be approved before the term begins. Students are responsible for proactively adhering to the installment schedule and making payments on time. Approved payments can be made via the online payment system at www.maitripa.org or by check delivered by hand to the administrative office or by mail.
A student will not be able to register for classes for the next semester until their account is balanced. Transcripts will be not be released to students with an outstanding account balance.
Amount of Refund (as follows):
1st-15th day of semester: 100% of tuition refunded
16th-30th day of semester: 80% of tuition refunded
31st-45th day of semester: 40% of tuition refunded
45th-60th day of semester: 20% of tuition refunded
No refund will be issued on or after the 61st day of the semester.
A service charge of $15 per enrolled credit will be added to an account on the day after tuition is due. Every 30 days that tuition remains outstanding, a $15 service charge will be added to the account. The service charge will continue to accrue on past due accounts on a monthly basis until the amount is paid in full.
Please email [email protected] for more information on any question regarding tuition, fees, payment plans, financial aid, and scholarships.