Maitripa College MA/MDIV Program Application Instructions
Your complete application should include the following. Please read all these steps before beginning your application.
1. APPLICATION FORM
Clicking on the link below will direct you to a page where you’ll first enter basic information and then you’ll be directed to the body of the application. Please complete the entire application.
2. ESSAY & STATEMENT OF INTEREST
- Compose a typed, double-spaced Essay & Statement of Interest (not to exceed 5 pages) as follows and upload the documents to the online application form in Populi.
- Essay: Please give a description of the development of your spiritual life, including a discussion of the development of your faith, practice, and belief systems.
- Statement of Interest: Please include discussions of your goals in applying to this degree, how you see this program relating to your personal and/or professional life, how you intend to use this degree, and what about Maitripa College appeals to you the most.
3. RESUME or CV
- Please upload a resume or curriculum vitae to your online application.
4. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Please request letters of recommendation from two people with whom you have acted as student, mentee, colleague, volunteer, or employee. Please do not send letters of recommendation from friends or family members. Each person who is sending a recommendation to us on your behalf should include both:
Please request that the recommender sends the form and letter both, directly to Maitripa College, attn: Admissions.
5. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
Official transcripts from previously attended post-secondary educational institutions, showing completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, must be either sent directly to Maitripa College or submitted in a signed and sealed envelope by you through a secure email, regular mail, or in-person delivery to Maitripa College, Admissions, 1119 SE Market St., Portland, Oregon 97214.
6. OPTIONAL GRE SCORES
- You may request Educational Testing Services to send your GRE score to Maitripa College, Designated Institution (DI) Code 7290.
7. APPLICATION FEE
Your online application is not complete until we have received the non-refundable application fee through the online application portal in Populi. The application fee is payable by credit card.
- $75 for US Citizens and Permanent Residents
- $125 for International Citizens – due to the cost of shipping and handling international student applications, and the F-1 student visa process, international applicants are required to submit a non-refundable $125 application fee.
8. REQUIRED INTERVIEW
- After your application is submitted in full, Maitripa Admissions will contact you to set up a time for a phone or in-person interview. This interview is a required element of the application process.
9. ADDITIONAL INTERNATIONAL STUDENT REQUIREMENTS
International students are additionally required to upload the following to their online application:
- Proof of Sufficient Financial Means: Documentation providing proof of sufficient financial means to cover cost of living and tuition for at least one year of studies. Please see the International Students page for additional information on this requirement.
- English-language Competency Scores: All international applicants for admission to Maitripa College must take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam to show sufficient English language proficiency. Please see the International Students page for additional information on this requirement.