We welcome your application for Maitripa College’s 2017 Fall Master of Arts and Master of Divinity cohorts. Please contact the Director of Student Services to arrange a visit or to discuss our degree program options. Priority will be given to students who submit their applications by January 15, 2017.
NOTE: The information on this page is for those interested in applying for Degree Programs (MA & MDiv) at Maitripa College. If you are interested in taking a course as a Continuing Education (non-degree) student at this time, > please click here to proceed with the simple Continuing Education application and course registration process.
January 15, 2107:
Priority Application deadline for 2017-2018 degree program students
April 15, 2017:
Scholarship Applications available for 2017-2018 academic year
Click here to download and edit the 2017-2018 Scholarship Application form (Word format)
May 15, 2017:
Recommended application deadline for International Students for Fall 2017 Degree Program entry
June 15, 2017:
Scholarship Applications due for 2017-2018 academic year
June 15, 2017:
Final application deadline for Fall 2017 Degree Program entry
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY AS A DEGREE PROGRAM STUDENT
- Completion of a four-year, “undergraduate” degree or its international equivalent
- Completion of the online application form including two letters of recommendation, an essay, statement of interest, resume, transcripts and payment of the application fee
- Participation in an interview with the Admissions Committee
- Acceptance of offer into the Degree Program within two weeks of being offered entry
- Attendance at the College Orientation in August of 2017
- Clear commitment to completing the Maitripa College degree program as evidenced by signing the Enrollment Agreement available at Orientation.
Maitripa College MA/MDIV Program Application Instructions: Fall 2017 Entry
Your complete application should include the following. Please read all these steps before beginning your application.
1. APPLICATION FORM
Please fill out the application form in its entirety by clicking on the following link:
2. ESSAY & STATEMENT OF INTEREST
- Compose a typed, double-spaced Essay & Statement of Interest (not to exceed 5 pages) as follows and upload the documents to the online application form in Populi.
- Essay: Please give a description of the development of your spiritual life, including a discussion of the development of your faith, practice, and belief systems.
- Statement of Interest: Please include discussions of your goals in applying to this degree, how you see this program relating to your personal and/or professional life, how you intend to use this degree, and what about Maitripa College appeals to you the most.
3. RESUME or CV
- Please upload a resume or curriculum vitae to your online application.
4. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Please request letters of recommendation from two people with whom you have acted as student, mentee, colleague, volunteer, or employee. Please do not send letters of recommendations from friends or family members. Each person who is sending a recommendation to us on your behalf should include both:
- The Maitripa College Letter of Recommendation Form (click here to download the Letter of Recommendation form – editable Word format)
- A professional letter typed on letterhead and signed by the person recommending your readiness to enter a Master Degree program
Please request that the recommender sends the form and letter both, directly to Maitripa College, attn: Admissions.
5. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
Official transcripts from previously attended post-secondary educational institutions, showing completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, must be either sent directly to Maitripa College or submitted in a signed and sealed envelope by you through a secure email, regular mail, or in-person delivery to Maitripa College, Admissions, 1119 SE Market St., Portland, Oregon 97214.
6. OPTIONAL GRE SCORES
- You may request Educational Testing Services to send your GRE score to Maitripa College, Designated Institution (DI) Code 7290.
7. APPLICATION FEE
Your online application is not complete until we have received the non-refundable application fee through the online application portal in Populi. The application fee is payable by credit card.
- $75 for US Citizens and Permanent Residents
- $125 for International Citizens – due to the cost of shipping and handling international student applications, and the F-1 student visa process, international applicants are required to submit a non-refundable $125 application fee.
8. REQUIRED INTERVIEW
- After your application is submitted in full, Maitripa Admissions will contact you to set up a time for a phone or in-person interview. This interview is a required element of the application process.
9. ADDITIONAL INTERNATIONAL STUDENT REQUIREMENTS
International students are additionally required to upload the following to their online application:
- Proof of Sufficient Financial Means: Documentation providing proof of sufficient financial means to cover cost of living and tuition for at least one year of studies. Please see the International Students page for additional information on this requirement.
- English-language Competency Scores: All international applicants for admission to Maitripa College must take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam to show sufficient English language proficiency. Please see the International Students page for additional information on this requirement.