The faculty and staff of Maitripa College are pleased to continue to offer Oregon residents the opportunity to enroll in online courses as Continuing Education students. The Admissions Committee is looking for students who seek adult enrichment, personal development, and connection with fellow students and practitioners. These courses are appropriate for introductory Tibetan Buddhist students and those who wish to deepen a connection to practice with timely and relevant topics. Space will be limited to ensure that the sense of community and connection is maintained, and there will be several spaces per class reserved for monastics.
- Students are expected to attend all classes live (via Zoom), participate in readings and discussions, and complete assignments on time. Courses meets for two hours once a week for sixteen weeks between January 19, 2021 and May 14, 2021. Students can anticipate spending approximately two hours on reading and assignments for every hour of class time.
- Tuition is $780 per class plus a one-time student fee of $50 for the term. Several spots in each course will be available to monastics with full tuition waived.
- Class times: Pacific Standard Time (PST) until March 14 / Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) thereafter.
- PST = Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) -8 / PDT = Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) -7
Please keep in mind that:
- Space is limited and applying does not ensure acceptance.
- There is a $10 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Tuition will be due on the first day of class.
- CE students are expected to participate fully in the course as designed by the instructor.
- CE students will have full access to course materials and college resources, including engagement with classmates, faculty, and teaching assistants, library, and community practices.
- CE students may not enroll as Auditors; CE students do receive a grade, transcript, and credit hours for completed courses.
- This is a unique opportunity made possible due to the unique circumstances of Covid-19; Maitripa College is not an online college, does not offer online classes or programs, and does not plan to do so in the near future.
Begin the Resident CE Application Process
Please complete the simple application here. Once we receive and review your application, we will alert you of your acceptance. Please allow 5 business days for this process. Upon acceptance, you will be given a Student ID number. Using that number, you can register for classes.