If completing a degree program is not your end goal, consider taking a class as a Continuing Education (CE) Student. Maitripa College’s transformative education is available through a simple online application and registration process.
Due to the unique circumstances of Covid-19 there are now also special online options for non-students.
Please contact us at any time to explore your options to enroll in future courses as a CE student. If you have any questions, please make an appointment with the Continuing Education advisor, Tiffany before registering for classes. Through a (remote) advising session, you can determine what courses will meet your educational goals and feel confident in your decision to attend Maitripa College.
CONTINUING EDUCATION STUDENTS are Oregon students who are enrolled in classes for credit, receive a grade, transcript, and credit hours for completed courses. Continuing Education Students are not eligible to register as auditors.
AUDITING STUDENTS are non-Oregon students. Auditors will not receive a grade, transcript, nor graduate credit for courses completed. Auditing Students are expected to participate fully and attend all online classes synchronously.
Continuing Education Students and Auditing Students
The Admissions Committee welcomes application from students who seek adult enrichment, personal development, and connection with fellow students and practitioners. Courses are appropriate for introductory Tibetan Buddhist students and those who wish to deepen a connection to practice with timely and relevant topics. Space is limited to ensure that the sense of community and connection is maintained.
- All students are expected to participate fully in the course as designed by the instructor.
- All students will have full access to course materials and college resources, including engagement with classmates, faculty, and teaching assistants, library, and community practices.
- Courses meet for two hours once a week between January 18, 2022, and May 13, 2022 (sixteen weeks with one week off for spring break). Students can anticipate spending approximately two hours on reading and assignments for every hour of class time.
- Class times are Pacific Standard Time (PST) until March 13, 2022, and Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) thereafter. PST = Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) -8 | PDT = Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) -7
- Tuition is $405 per credit ($810 for a 2 credit course) plus a one-time student fee of $50 for the term.
- Monastics are encouraged to apply, and Maitripa College endeavors to offer full tuition scholarships to monastics whenever possible.
- Space is limited and application does not ensure acceptance.
- There is a $25 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Tuition is due on the first day of class.
Continuing Education Students – Oregon Students
The faculty and staff of Maitripa College are pleased to continue to offer Oregon students the opportunity to enroll in online courses as Continuing Education students. Please keep in mind that:
- Oregon CE students may not register as auditors (with the exception of Maitripa College alumni);
- CE students receive a grade, transcript, and credit hours for completed courses.
Auditing Students – Non-Oregon Students
The faculty and staff of Maitripa College are excited to offer a selection of classes to students outside of Oregon as Auditors. Please keep in mind that:
- Auditing students will not receive a grade, transcript, nor graduate credit for courses completed.