Hours: Enrolled Students
Currently enrolled full-time students may access the library Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM during the school semester; call or email for access in summer.
Community members and Public (non-members) patrons are encouraged to make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maitripa College offers Library Community Membership for non-program students and members of the general public. A donation of $25 gives you full access to our print and online collections, as well as borrowing and reserve privileges for an entire year. Your contribution goes directly to our growing Library fund, supporting the Library’s mission of becoming a world-class Buddhist Studies research library here in Portland. We welcome you to come and enjoy this great resource of Buddhist philosophy, meditation, history, and language and support its important development.
- Complete policies and patron user guide available on site and here (click to download and print; PDF format)
- Enrolled students, faculty and staff faculty, and staff have access to the collections of print materials, multi-media, online research databases and reserve materials with current College ID
- 1-year Community Membership with $25 donation to the Library Fund
- Checking-out materials must be done with staff member
- Lost or damaged items are charged $10 plus replacement cost
- Overdue notices are sent via email
- The library is available to the non-member public during restricted hours for non-circulation (on site) use. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Borrowing and Circulation
- Books are available for 1 month
- Audio & video materials & periodicals are available for 1 week
- Reserve materials are available for 2 hours
- All materials can be renewed 3 times consecutively
- To renew or place holds: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access the Library Catalog
JSTOR: Online Research
If you have already established and activated your MyJSTOR account you may go directly to www.jstor.org and select “Login” at the top of the page to enter JSTOR with your username and password. You may access JSTOR via this account from any location.
If you have not established and activated your MyJSTOR account, please enter your password below and follow the instructions. Please email email@example.com to obtain the password if needed.
Please enter your password and click enter
Support the James A. Blumenthal Library at Maitripa College
Please consider supporting new acquisitions for the Library by visiting our Amazon Wish List (click on the button below). By purchasing books from this list, you are helping to build a library at a Buddhist institute devoted to rigorous study, community service and meditative practice. Book donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law, and accompanied by immense gratitude!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer in the library.