- Enrolled students, faculty, staff and community patrons have access to the collections of print materials, multi-media, online research databases and reserve materials.
- 1-year Community Patron membership with $35 donation to the Library Fund.
- Checking-out materials must be done with staff member.
- Lost or damaged items are charged $10 plus replacement cost.
- Overdue notices are sent via email.
- The Library is available to the non-member public during staffed library hours for non-circulation (on site) use. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Borrowing and Circulation
- Print titles are available for 45 days.
- Audiovisual material is available for 10 days.
- Reserve items are available for on-site use only.
- Renewals allowed unless a hold is pending.
- To renew or place holds log into your Populi or Library Patron account or email [email protected]
- Information collected by the Library that identifies the intellectual pursuits of faculty, staff, student or community patrons (e.g. library circulation records, interlibrary loan requests, reference questions) will not be disclosed to others, except as necessary for enforcement of Library rules (e.g. collection of overdue materials, tracing missing volumes, fulfilling interlibrary loan borrowing requests).
Community Patron Membership
- Maitripa College offers community patronage to JABL for members of the general public. A donation of $35 gives you full access to our print and online collections, as well as borrowing and reserve privileges for an entire year.
- Your contribution goes directly to our growing library fund, supporting the Library’s mission of becoming a world-class Buddhist Studies research library here in Portland. We welcome you to come and enjoy this great resource of Buddhist philosophy, meditation, history, and language and support its important development.
- Please see our Community Patron Membership page for more information and to sign up on-line.
Oregon Passport Program
- Maitripa College is a member of the Oregon Library Passport Program. Students and faculty with a current Maitripa student ID have borrowing privileges at other participating libraries, including OSU, PCC and many area community colleges, University of Oregon libraries, OHSU libraries, and PSU. The Passport Program is meant to be an exchange; a library extends service to users of other participating libraries, and vice versa.
- Current list of participating libraries.