We are inspired by the wish to make the most of the precious opportunity and our fortune in being born in this time and place, in which we are equipped to learn from and with one another in so many ways, and are also able to have and to offer unprecedented access and flexibility to peers, mentors, and friends from all around the world.
Therefore, we offer our Spring 2023 courses and degree program entry in a combination of onsite and online formats, with individualized support for degree program students to structure their learning as a semester-long “retreat.” Course offerings will be supplemented by robust community program offerings at Maitripa College, and, for degree program students, the opportunity to design your own “retreat” to best support integration of course material into your daily life.
All classes will be offered in-person with synchronous, online access for out-of-state Auditors.
The MA and MDiv degree programs courses are offered for graduate credit at Maitripa College to Oregon students. Oregon students may also enroll as Continuing Education students. Students outside of Oregon are welcome to enroll for the purpose of life-enrichment as non-credit Auditors.
The Maitripa College “retreat” model offers students both onsite and online course delivery formats and the encouragement to make your educational journey one of spiritual and community formation as well.
Classes Open to All (Click here for schedule and course descriptions)
- THL425: Death, Loss, Grieving and Healing: Personal and Community Processes
- PHL328: Advanced Mind Training and Service as Spiritual Practice II: Lojong, Calm-Abiding, and Your Community
- THL416: Systemic Suffering and Collective Liberation: Awakening to Race, Dharma, and Ourselves
Classes for Advanced Standing Students (Click here for schedule and course descriptions)
- TIB301(r): Seminar in Tibetan Translation
- CS304: Buddhist Ministry and the Spiritual Caregiver in Buddhist / Spiritual Communities
- PHL308: Mahamudra: Realizing the Nature of Mind
- MDT308: Mahamudra Meditation