Our Amazing Alumni
(August 2020) The seeds planted in Maitripa College programs bear fruit as our graduates take what they have learned here into the world to benefit others. The Maitripa College family is proud of these alumni and invites you to join us in offering our wholehearted rejoicing in their accomplishments!
Rejoice for Accomplishments!
- Michael Jolliffe (MA 2009) completed his Master of Science in Marital, Couples, and Family Counseling from Portland State University this summer. He is now working as a professional therapist, in addition to teaching modules of Discovering Buddhism for the Maitripa College community.
- Julie Dreyer (MDIV 2018) became a Board Certified Chaplain (BCC) in December, 2019, and continues to work as a professional chaplain at Providence Portland Medical Center. She also became an FPMT Discovering Buddhism teacher this summer.
- Karl Schmid (MA 2011) completed his PhD at Emory University in Spring of 2020. Karl has accepted a position as Professor of Practice in the Philosophy Department at Tulane University, and will begin teaching there this fall.
And Beginning New Endeavors!
- Jane Sellers (MA 2009) broke ground on a home she is building for long term retreat in Crestone, Colorado this month. The blessing of the land puja was completed on August 4th by Yangsi Rinpoche, Geshe Sherab, and FPMT friends. Jane hopes to begin retreat in mid-2021.
- Michael Ium (MA 2014) has won the International Dissertation Research Grant from the American Academy of Religion in support of his research in Nepal and India on the early history of Tibet’s Ganden Monastery. He is a doctoral candidate in the Department of Religion at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Carl Jensen (MDIV 2015) will start the Doctor of Ministry (DMin) program in Spiritual Renewal, Contemplative Practice, and Strategic Leadership at Claremont School of Theology this fall. Carl has been a Board Certified Chaplain since 2018 and plans to continue his work at Providence Portland Medical Center while he completes this degree.
- Jacob Lindsley (MA 2016) is leaving his Research Associate position in the Neurology Dept. of Oregon Health Sciences University to start the PhD program at the School of Psychological Science in Applied Cognition at Oregon State University this fall.
- Jason Seaman (MDIV 2019) is beginning a year-long Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) residency at Community Medical Center in Fresno, California this fall.
- Jyoshin Clay (MDIV 2020) is beginning a year-long Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) residency at Portland Providence Medical Center this fall.
- Mark Weidenaar (MDIV expected Dec 2020) is beginning a year-long Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) residency at Providence Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, Washington this fall.
Read more about these and other alumni and hear what our students have to say about their experiences at Maitripa College. Click here.
JOIN THE DISTINGUISHED STUDENT BODY OF MAITRIPA COLLEGE! Click here to learn more.