Maitripa College is committed to keeping our programs accessible to every student who wishes to study here. To that end tuition is a considerably less expensive than comparable, private, graduate programs in the United States. Additionally, we make every effort to consider the financial concerns of each student and to support their progress to graduation through a commitment to flexible payment options and scholarship opportunities.
Tuition will be charged by the credit hour for instruction during an academic semester. No student is obligated to pay for tuition charges for a term that has not commenced if the student withdrew, or for a term that was truncated by cessation of school services. The tuition and fees for the upcoming academic year reflect a standard, cost of living increase in tuition and the new fee schedule based on increased expenses per student for the upcoming year. Please see descriptions on each of the fee charges below.
Tuition and Fee Schedule for 2021-2022
Tuition and fees are billed at the time of registration and due on the first day of class. If you opt-in to a payment plan, the payment plan must be in place and the first payment submitted on the first day of class or a late fee, as detailed below, will be added to your account.
Tuition for 2021-2022 Academic Year: $405/credit
Fee Schedule for 2021-2022
[table id=2 /]
Maitripa College will maintain fees that are fair and uniformly applied to all students. Maitripa College will not change the fee policy during an academic year and will announce possible changes previous to the registration period before the start of a new academic year. All fees are non-refundable.
- A technology fee is required for each student upon registration. This fee goes towards the cost of the student database.
- A registration fee is required when a student registers each term. This amount is not applicable to the student’s tuition costs and the fee applies to all students. Re-registering to add courses does not require an additional fee. This fee goes towards costs associated with the Registration process.
- A library fee is required of all students. This fee goes toward costs associated with technology, circulation, research resources, subscriptions, and acquisitions.
- A student services fee is required of degree program students. This fee goes toward costs associated with the student handbook, orientation, identification cards, student life gatherings, graduation, and other incidentals.
- A building fee is required of degree program students. This fee goes toward costs associated with building maintenance, kitchen supplies, and other incidentals.
Annual Estimated Costs For 2021-2022
For full-time, degree-seeking students, please see here the estimated cost of attending Maitripa College during the 2020-2021 academic year, based on eight credits per term and two terms per year:
- $6,480 Tuition (8 credits per semester)
- $190 Fees ($95 per semester)
- $200 Books ($100 per semester)
- $32,124 Living Expenses ($2,677/month for 12 months)
- Rent: $1,216
- Utilities: $132
- Internet: $47
- Transport: $187
- Personal: $230
- Clothing: $50
- Entertainment: $100
- Food: $455
- Healthcare: $260
- Estimated Monthly Total: $32,124/month
- $38,994 Total Estimated Cost of Attendance
Living Expenses for Portland, Oregon Sources: https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/portland
Tuition does not include the degree application fee, room, board, books, medical insurance, retreat costs, pilgrimage costs, or any other costs except tuition. Maitripa College reserves the right to adjust tuition costs on a yearly basis at the discretion of the Board of Trustees.
Continuing Education Students Tuition and Fees
- Tuition for Continuing Education students for the 2021-2022 Academic year is $405/credit.
- Fees for Continuing Education students per semester are $50 as outlined in the above Fee Schedule.
- Continuing Education students must comply with the same Payment Plan and Refund Schedule structure as defined on this site.