September 8: Public Talk with Ling Rinpoche, “Kindness & Compassion”
09/08/2018 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Saturday, September 8, 2018
“Kindness and Compassion”
Public Talk with Ling Rinpoche
10:30 am – 12 noon at Maitripa College
(co-hosted with Northwest Tibetan Cultural Association)
We are deeply honored and overjoyed to welcome His Eminence the 7th Kyabje Yongzin Ling Rinpoche to Portland and Maitripa College on His historic visit to North America. We invite you to take advantage of this rare opportunity to connect with this extraordinary Lama. His Eminence Ling Rinpoche will offer a teaching on “Kindness and Compassion” at Maitripa College, co-hosted by Northwest Tibetan Association, on Saturday, September 8, from 10:30am-Noon.
Your generous support helps makes possible the visit of His Eminence, the 7th Kyabje Ling Rinpoche to Maitripa College, and the mission of Maitripa College. We practice the generosity of offering teachings with great lamas for free to all who are interested, with enormous gratitude for all who have supported us in the past and present. Please make an offering in support of future dharma teachings and practices, if you are able at this time, and thank you from our hearts.
Additional Opportunities to Receive Teachings from H.E. Ling Rinpoche
- H.E. Ling Rinpoche will be participating in “Spirituality and Humanity: An Interfaith Conversation about Creating Harmonious Society and Healthy Leadership” on Saturday, September 8, from 2-4pm. Please click here for additional information and tickets.
- NWTCA is also hosting events with H.E. Ling Rinpoche. Please see their website for details.
- H.E. Ling Rinpoche is touring the West Coast, August 15-September 19. For details, please see http://lingrinpochebayareavisit2018.org
Additional Event Information
- Parking is available on the side streets surrounding Maitripa College. Please be aware of posted parking limits on 11th Ave and Market St.
- Doors will open at 9:30am. Anyone arriving earlier will be re-directed to neighborhood coffeeshops, to enable volunteers to efficiently complete the set up preparations to welcome you.
- No food is allowed; drinks are only permitted if in a spill-proof container. All seated by 10:15am.
Registration Is Open (Space Is Limited)
Seating for this event will be “cozy”. Please work with us to ensure a comfortable and accessible event for all. Half of the available seating is reserved for the youth, families, and members of NWTCA, and half for Maitripa community and general public. Please start by selecting your affiliation. Next you will see options for ordained monastics, and for those requiring a reserved chair (for whom seating on floor cushions is not an option for physical or health reasons). For any other reservation or accessibility needs or questions, please contact Leigh at [email protected]
© Photos courtesy manuelbauer.ch: source: http://lingrinpoche.info/