Maitripa College is seeking to hire an experienced event coordinator responsible for organizing, planning, and coordinating the 2016 Maitripa College Winter Benefit (schedule for November 18 at the Aquariva in SW Portland) with College Dean and staff.
Contract Position: Event Coordinator Maitripa College Winter Benefit 2016
October-November, 2016, 10-20 hours per week
Application Deadline: October 17, 2016
Specific tasks include:
- Determining, articulating, and implementing event details with College President and Dean
- Organizing entertainment and keynote speakers for the evening
- Working with Volunteer Coordinator to staff the event
- Working with Auction Volunteers to organize Silent Auction for the event
- Coordinating Fundraising elements of the Benefit
- Overseeing the event while in progress
Candidates must possess experience in the service industry, strong attention to detail, creativity, organization, and negotiation skills. Some familiarity with Maitripa College programs, history, students, and donor pool desired.
Please email a cover letter summarizing your background, qualifications, and reasons for interest in this job to Namdrol Miranda Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 17, 2016.
Note: this is a contract, not salaried position.
Maitripa College is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer. This school is a non-profit corporation and is authorized by the State of Oregon to offer and confer the academic degrees and certificates described herein, following a determination that state academic standards will be satisfied under OAR 583-030.Inquiries concerning the standards or school compliance may be directed to the Office of Degree Authorization, Higher Education Coordinating Commission, 775 Court Street NE, Salem, Oregon 97301.