Maitripa College Seeks a Part-Time Administrative Coordinator
This is a part-time position beginning September 5, 2017.
Applications will be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org through August 25, 2017.
Hours: approximately 20-30/week, flexible timing in accordance with building needs.
Our small, close-knit office needs a reliable, well-organized Administrative Coordinator to handle day-to-day operations with a focus on kindness, compassion, efficiency, and time management. The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for keeping staff connected and updated, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and student and College support as needed. We are looking for a bright, happy professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. This is a part-time position to start.
Receives primary direction from the Dean of Education; also reports to other department heads on specific tasks as delegated.
If you are interested, please email Namdrol at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Maitripa College is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer. This school is a non-profit corporation and is authorized by the State of Oregon to offer and confer the academic degrees and certificates described herein, following a determination that state academic standards will be satisfied under OAR 583-030.Inquiries concerning the standards or school compliance may be directed to the Office of Degree Authorization, Higher Education Coordinating Commission, 775 Court Street NE, Salem, Oregon 97301.
• Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; filing; telephones; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; clerical functions.
• Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
• Provides historical reference and works with Director of Student Services to define and maintain procedures for registration, retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
• Assessment Coordination as needed by Director of Programs.
• Technology Support & Learning Management Support as needed.
• Admin Support in the following areas: Academic Program Management, Admissions, Advising, Budgeting, Community Programming, Donor Relations, Fundraising, Human Resources, Marketing, Student Recruiting, Student Services, Learning Management System, Volunteer Management, AV.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
• Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Managing Processes, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills.
• Knowledge of (or interest in learning) support-level skills in system administration, systems analysis, design and database management in terms of concepts, techniques, and operating principles, websites, Joomla, and WordPress.
• Maintain organized and user-friendly office environment.
• Improve employee, student, and donor retention rates through active communication and problem-solving efforts.
• Order supplies and equipment as needed.
• Understanding of project management concepts & comfortable with using online project management tools.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to efficiently manage time and organize work.
• Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
• Understanding of and ability to put into practice basic behaviors such as patience, kindness, tolerance, compassion, and harmonious communication.
• Ideally familiar with FPMT, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, and Yangsi Rinpoche.
• Associate degree required (B.A. or B.S. preferred).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience with scheduling, budgeting.
• Supply management experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Comfort with fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Dharma background and relationship to the teachers His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, and/or Yangsi Rinpoche desirable but not required.