In order to fulfill Maitripa’s mission of offering a world-class enlightened education for the 21st century, a world-class research library is essential. We estimate that Maitripa’s Buddhist studies library will ultimately house 20,000 volumes, with collections in Tibetan texts, works in Sanskrit, translations of Tibetan, Sanskrit and Chinese works, and scholarly works in English.
Based on acquisition lists developed in consultation with internationally respected professors of Buddhist studies, we are now actively building our collections. Our aim is to create a lending and research facility that will meet the highest standards of electronic, archival, and print resources for the use of our students, faculty and local community for many years to come.
SUPPORT MAITRIPA'S RESEARCH LIBRARY
Please click here to find out how you can support the Library.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer in the library.
SPECIAL THANKS to the following for their generous donations and support of Maitripa College's Research Library:
FPMT Education Department
Snow Lion Publications
KTD Publications & Namze Bangzo Bookstore
Complete policies and patron user guide available on site and here (click to download and print; PDF format).
- Enrolled students, faculty and staff faculty, and staff have access to the MCL collections of print materials, multi-media, online research databases and reserve materials with current College ID.
- 1-year Community Membership with $25 donation to Library Fund
- Checking-out Materials Must be Done with Staff Member
- Lost or Damaged Items are charged $10 plus Replacement Cost
- Overdue notices are sent via email
- The library is available to the non-member public during restricted hours for non-circulation (on site) use. Please contact email@example.com for more information.”
BORROWING & CIRCULATION
- Books are available for 1 month
- Audio & Video Materials & Periodicals are available for 1 week
- Reserve Materials are available for 2 hours
- All Materials Can Be Renewed 3 Times Consecutively
- To Renew or Place Holds: Email - firstname.lastname@example.org